Does that seem to be a far-fetched idea to you? If you still think that metal roofing is only appropriate for barns, warehouses and industrial plants, the professionals at Roofing-Pro want to call your attention to some up-to-the-minute cutting-edge facts about its increasingly-popular use for residential projects.
Aesthetics of Metal Roofing
- With the increase in choices available today, modern metal roofs offer architectural details that complement sleek contemporary homes or mimic slate, shingle and tile options for traditional homes.
- Current manufacturing processes prevent deterioration caused by rust or decay and eliminate damage from insects or wind-driven debris.
- Cutting-edge coating techniques offer an almost-unlimited range of color options that won’t fade, turn chalky or crack with age.
Durability of Metal Roofing
- By using fewer seams, plus waterproof or moisture-resistant panels, modern roofs are not susceptible to traditional rain, snow, ice or sleet damage.
- Without the use of individual tiles or shingles that have edges that wind can loosen, metal roofing is rated to withstand winds as high as 120 miles an hour.
- These roofs have an average life-span of 50 years or more with minimal maintenance; no more roof replacement every 10-15 years.
Energy Efficiency of Metal Roofing
- Metal roofs reflect sunlight, which maintains a more even temperature between the roof and interior of your house and lowers heating and cooling costs.
- Many times metal roofing can be installed right over your existing roof, which shortens installation time, eliminates the cost of removing old roofing material and lessens the impact on landfills.
- These roofs are manufactured using 30-60 percent recycled materials, another environmentally-friendly benefit.
Some trade industry reports estimate that homeowners in states along the east coast who installed metal roofing have recovered as much as 95 percent of their initial investment. This is attributed to several factors: (1) anywhere from one to six percent more resale value over shingled roofs, (2) significantly decreased utility bills over time, (3) superior weather resistance resulting in lower maintenance and repair costs, and (4) much longer timeframe before replacement is required. Considering all these positive points, it’s apparent that metal roofing is an excellent investment.
We Will Answer All Your Questions
Whether you are considering a replacement of the old roof on your present home or an architect is designing a completely new structure, we are here to help you make the best decision for you and your family. Our A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and CertainTeed certification mean that you can trust our products and our work.
We offer financing at 0 percent interest and 0 payments for 12 months! And, as an added benefit when you purchase a metal roofing system, Roofing-Pro will install free gutters or shutters on the front of your home!